Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ironman #4: Gimme more Cowbell! Road to IMOO

After taking a year off the Ironman "circuit" and focusing on shorter course racing, ( highlight was qualifying for the 70.3 World Championships and the Escape from Alcatraz Triatlon) I am back to thinking about Ironman racing.

I spent a lot of time of the Ironman Wisconsin course last summer training with my boyfriend Jeff, who race this past summer ( '11). The course is tough and relentless but there is something about Madison, the people there, and riding through the Wisconsin countryside that got me pumped up for making that my race for 2012. So the day after this years race, I volunteered at registration as was one of the first people to register for IM Wisconsin ( IMOO, from here on out) 2012.

I am pretty excited to get started with the training. I have taken a couple months off a strict training schedule, just maintaining fitness in swimming biking and running, and working alot of core strengthening and cross training. I am focusing alot on my swim right now because I am dealing with a back issue, but that seems to be on its way out, and i cannot wait to get back on the bike. Anyway, not much going on now, but come the beginning of December or January ( Havn't quite decided yet) I'll be starting some serious out season training . Stay tuned for fun stories involved alot of lycra and neoprene.

No comments: